You still have time to get your TOP rank with Ladder Bonus!

Time remaining - 01:01:55:07 93307

• « назад
  • вперед »
#1 Posted: 11 May 2023 @ 14:06 CET quote

Catch Me If You Can

This article is about the 2002 film. For other uses, see Catch Me If You Can (disambiguation).

Catch Me If You Can is a 2002 American biographical crime comedy-drama[3] film directed and produced by Steven Spielberg and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks with Christopher Walken, Martin Sheen, Nathalie Baye, Amy Adams and James Brolin in supporting roles. The screenplay by Jeff Nathanson is based on the semi-autobiographical book of the same name by Frank Abagnale Jr., who claims that before his 19th birthday, he successfully performed cons worth millions of dollars by posing as a Pan American World Airways pilot, a Georgia doctor, and a Louisiana parish prosecutor. The truth of his story is questionable.

A movie version of Abagnale's book of the same name was contemplated soon after it was published in 1980 but began in earnest in 1997 when Spielberg's DreamWorks bought the film rights. David Fincher, Gore Verbinski, Lasse Hallström, Miloš Forman, and Cameron Crowe were all considered to direct the film before Spielberg decided to direct it himself. Filming took place from February to May 2002.

The film opened on December 25, 2002, to critical and commercial success. At the 75th Academy Awards, Christopher Walken and John Williams were nominated for Best Supporting Actor and Best Original Score,[7] respectively.

Casting

Verbinski cast James Gandolfini as Carl Hanratty, Ed Harris as Frank Abagnale Sr. and Chloë Sevigny as Brenda Strong. Verbinski dropped out because of DiCaprio's commitment on Gangs of New York.Lasse Hallström was in negotiations to direct by May 2001, but dropped out in July 2001. At this stage, Harris and Sevigny left the film, but Gandolfini was still attached.Spielberg, co-founder of DreamWorks, offered the job of director to Miloš Forman, and considered hiring Cameron Crowe. During this negotiation period, Spielberg began to consider directing the film himself, eventually dropping projects such as Big Fish and Memoirs of a Geisha.Spielberg officially committed to directing in August 2001.That same month, Tom Hanks was cast to replace Gandolfini, who had exited due to scheduling conflicts with The Sopranos.

The search for Sevigny's replacement as Brenda Strong lasted months, but Amy Adams was eventually cast. Spielberg "loved" her tape, and producer Walter F. Parkes commented that she was "as fresh and honest as anyone we'd seen," which was an important element in the role. Christopher Walken was cast as Frank Abagnale Sr. following Parkes' suggestion.

Martin Sheen played Roger Strong, as he had "intimidating presence". Spielberg wanted a French actress to portray Paula Abagnale to stay true to the facts. He asked for the help of Brian De Palma, who was living in Paris, and he did tests with several actresses such as Nathalie Baye. Spielberg had seen Jennifer Garner on Alias and offered her a small role in the film.

Filming

Filming was scheduled to begin in January 2002, but was pushed to February 7 in Los Angeles, California.Locations included Burbank, Downey, New York City, LA/Ontario International Airport (which doubled for Miami International Airport), Quebec City and Montreal.The film was shot in 147 locations in only 52 days. DiCaprio reflected, "Scenes that we thought would take three days took an afternoon."Filming ran from April 25–30 on Park Avenue, just outside the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Production moved to Orange, New Jersey and returned to Brooklyn for bank and courthouse scenes. Shooting also took place at the TWA Flight Center at John F. Kennedy International Airport.[29] Quebec City was chosen for its European character and French feel. Place Royale, within Old Quebec, stands in for Montrichard, and the church in the background of the arrest scene is Notre-Dame-des-Victoires.Filming ended on May 12 in Montreal.

---+--- Catch Me If You Can (soundtrack) ---+---

Catch Me If You Can: Music from the Motion Picture is the original soundtrack of the 2002 film of the same name, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken, Martin Sheen and Amy Adams. The original score was composed and conducted by John Williams. The film was the twentieth collaboration between Williams and director Steven Spielberg.

The album was also produced by John Williams. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Score and the Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media.

1."Catch Me If You Can" 2:41

2."The Float" 4:56

3."Come Fly with Me"Performed by Frank Sinatra3:19

4."Recollections (The Father's Theme)"Soloists:[2] Alan Estes, vibraphone; Dan Higgins, saxophone5:16

5."The Airport Scene" 2:26

6."The Girl from Ipanema"Performed by Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto, featuring Astrud Gilberto and Antonio Carlos Jobim5:15

7."Learning the Ropes" 8:44

8."Father and Son"Soloists: Alan Estes, vibraphone; Dan Higgins, saxophone3:15

9."Embraceable You"Performed by Judy Garland and Victor Young and His Orchestra2:50

10."The Flash Comics Clue" 1:47

11."Deadheading" 2:25

12."The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)"Performed by Nat King Cole3:10

13."A Broken Home" 4:25

14."Doctor, Lawyer, Lutheran" 3:12

15."The Look of Love"Performed by Dusty Springfield3:31

16."Catch Me If You Can (Reprise and End Credits)" 5:14

Leonardo Dicaprio and Tom Xen

Edited by iCCup.CLAY (11 May 2023 @ 14:21 CET)
Old comment
  • 27 May 2023 @ 03:32 CET
  • 15 Nov 2020
#2 Posted: 12 May 2023 @ 06:58 CET quote

Very interesting. Thank you for your work. Thank you one more time

Old comment
  • 03 Jun 2024 @ 18:15 CET
  • 25 Mar 2023
#3 Posted: 13 May 2023 @ 12:09 CET quote

nice popcorm.gif

Old comment
  • « назад
  • вперед »
Do you want to take part in forum discussions? Join us!, or Login.