Admin announce
  • « назад
  • вперед »
#1 Posted: 28 Jun 2023 @ 11:16 CET quote

Richard David James (born 18 August 1971), best known as Aphex Twin, is an Irish-born British musician, composer, and DJ.

He is renowned for his unique work in electronic genres like techno, ambient, and jungle. Journalists from Mixmag, The New York Times, NME, Fact, Clash, and The Guardian have hailed James as one of the most influential and important artists in contemporary electronic music.

Early life

James was born on 18 August 1971 in Limerick, Ireland, to Welsh parents. He grew up in Cornwall and attended Redruth School in Redruth.

As a child, he developed an interest in making sounds and would experiment with piano strings and disassemble tape equipment.

At age 11, he won a competition for producing sound on a Sinclair ZX81 computer.

James bought his first synthesizer at age 12 and began modifying analog synthesizers to create unique noises.

Personal life

James has made controversial and unverifiable claims about his personal life in interviews.

He has described himself as an "irritating, lying, ginger kid from Cornwall" who managed to escape and pursue a career in music.

In interviews, he has claimed to sleep only two to three hours per night. He has also made false claims, such as living in a converted bank vault in London and owning a steel structure in Elephant Square, which turned out to be the Michael Faraday Memorial.

James has mentioned living in Scotland since 2010, where he resides with his two sons from his first marriage and his second wife, Anastasia, a Russian art student.

His sister, Julie James, is a Welsh Labour politician.

James has expressed challenges in living in a small village and has mentioned not owning a smartphone.

Music career

James started making music at the age of 14 and was influenced by acid house and techno.

He began DJing at clubs and raves, incorporating his own tracks into his sets. In 1991, he gained early recognition with his debut EP, "Analogue Bubblebath."

He co-founded the independent label Rephlex Records the same year.

His 1992 debut album, "Selected Ambient Works 85–92," received critical acclaim. James signed with Warp in 1993 and released successful albums like "...I Care Because You Do" (1995) and "Richard D. James Album" (1996), along with charting singles like "Come to Daddy" (1997) and "Windowlicker" (1999).

Later career

After fulfilling his contract with Warp, James released music on his own Rephlex label.

He released the Analord EP series under his AFX alias in 2005 and two releases as the Tuss in 2007. In 2014, he made a previously unreleased 1994 LP, "Caustic Window," available to the public. He returned in 2014 with the album "Syro," which won a Grammy Award. James has continued to release successful EPs like "Cheetah" (2016) and "Collapse" (2018).

This post has been formulated for you by:

imageICCup.Maneken

Old comment
My soul like lonely
EU LeonorDeTodos [ My soul like lonely ]
  • 09 Mar 2024 @ 12:34 CET
  • 10 May 2023
#2 Posted: 29 Jun 2023 @ 15:22 CET quote

again, music from the last century (what was in below 2000, my opinion is that few people know their music, if we have not listened to their music, then, accordingly, their life is also unlikely to be interesting.

you can make content for the Skillet group, I think it will be very interesting for me to read their biography, there is also a separate one about their drummer ( Jen Ledger ) would also be nice nsm3.png

Old comment
#3 Posted: 30 Jun 2023 @ 01:47 CET quote

You have order table sticked on top.

Order whatever you wish to see on our forum :)

post your wish here

Edited by iCCup.Maneken (30 Jun 2023 @ 01:50 CET)
Old comment
  • « назад
  • вперед »
Do you want to take part in forum discussions? Join us!, or Login.